Need Based Scholarship is a type of scholarship that is offered to students in need of financial aid and they might be awarded based on the low income of a student. Moreso, they are awards that are been offered, and through them, eligibility is determined based on income.
Need Based Scholarship
There are actually different types of need-based scholarships that are offered to students on their ability to pay for college and are available for each college enrollment year. However, if you are looking for a need-based scholarship to apply for then this content will educate you more on the ones you can choose if you are able to keep reading on.
How do you Qualify for a Need-Based Scholarship?
The first step that you need to consider for you to apply for a Need-Based is for you to fill out the FAFSA which is also known as the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid and it is a standard form that ensures financial aid. Moreso, this form is used by the federal government, states, and colleges and they are usually available on October 1st, and it is best for you to take note of the deadline.
Furthermore, the (FAFSA will certainly ask questions regarding your family income, taxes, and other valid assets. Through this process, you can get information on how you can make payment for your expected family contribution (EFC) and you must also make a list of the colleges that you applied to and the attendance cost.
Checkout: Physical Therapy Scholarships
Places where you can find Need-Based Scholarships
There are actually places where you can find Need-Based Scholarship and they will be listed below.
- Teach Grants.
- State Grants.
- Federal work study.
- Federal Pell grants.
These are some of the places where you can be able to look for need-based scholarships.
Top Need Based Scholarships that you can Apply for
There are some top Need Based scholarships that are available for you to consider and they will be listed and explained further below.
Bernice Murray Scholarship:
The Bernice Murray Scholarship is a scholarship that is open or available to undergraduate students in the United States and its applicants must show need financially and be single parent that has primary custody of one or more children under the age of 12. Moreover, the Bernice scholarship was designed in honor of Bernice Murray’s unselfish contributions to the purpose of improving the lives of Vermonters.
The THV Scholarship award is definitely open to students who are undergraduates that live in Windham County or Readsboro County and preference is offered to residents of Dover, Halifax, Readsboro, Searsburg, Whitingham, and Wilmington who are first-generation, college-bound, and non-traditional students. Going further, in this scholarship type the students are certainly required to show e need for financial and most importantly school or community involvement.
Beinecke Scholarship Program:
The Beinecke Scholarship program just as the name applies is a type of Scholarship awards program that is open to juniors in the U.S. that are looking forward to pursuing a master’s r doctoral degree in the sector of humanities, arts, or social sciences. Moreover, they are required to have an average grade point of about 3.5 or higher, and students that are willing to apply must currently attend and be nominated by any college or university that is taking participation.
Samuel Fletcher Tapman Memorial ASCE Student Chapter Scholarship:
The Samuel Fletcher Tapman Memorial ASCE Student Chapter Scholarship is a scholarship that s presented annually to undergraduate students that are not more than the amount of 12 in civil engineering. And they are required to be local members of the “American Society of Civil Engineers Student Club or Chapter for them to be seen as eligible for this type of need-based scholarship. Moreso, you need to know that financial need is considered in this type of scholarship or award selection.
John Lenard Civil Engineering Scholarship:
This scholarship type is available to students that are considered undergraduates and have already been enrolled in civil engineering programs. And, if they have also shown that they are committed to water supply or environmental engineering, then they are eligible for this specific type of award. However, you need to know that in order for you to be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a member of the “American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
These are some of the top need-based scholarships that you can apply for and others that are open to applicants include;
- Ludlow VFW Scholarship.
- Hildegard Durfee Scholarship (Graduate).
- C. Yang Civil Engineering Scholarship.
- John Lenard Civil Engineering Scholarship.
- Eugene C. Figg, Jr. Civil Engineering Scholarship.
- Lawrence W. And Francis W. Cox Scholarship.
Also See: Scholarships for Native Americans
Benefits of applying for a Scholarship
There are benefits to applying for a scholarship and that is regarded as a good advantage getting the opportunity to get one. Meanwhile, some benefits of applying for a scholarship will be listed below for you to read through.
- With a scholarship, you can ensure that there will be a decrease in any future debt.
- Students who are lucky to get scholarship coverage tend to access extensive support.
- With a scholarship, you will see that you can get easy access to education.
- Through scholarships, you will get the ability to network more.
- With a scholarship overage, your resume will be given a boost.
- Just with the aid of scholarship coverage, you will be assured that your Philanthropy.
- With the help of scholarship coverage, you can get access to more colleges.
- As a student, you can be able to reduce your financial burden when you apply and get a scholarship.
- It certainly allows you to focus on your education.
- With a scholarship, you have a very good advantage in several aspects of your academics.
- Scholarship distinguishes your achievements.
- Through scholarships, you will get the opportunity to attend a better university.
- Makes your resume stand out.
- As a student that has the ability to access a scholarship, you will get the opportunity to connect with other intelligent students and mentors.
Listed above are some of the available benefits that you can get for applying for a scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section of the article will provide some of the frequent questions that are been asked about Need-Based Scholarship for you to read and have more enlightenment.
What is the easiest Scholarship to get?
Below are some of the top easy scholarships that are available for application in 2023.
- $10,000 “No Essay” Scholarships.
- $2,000 Nitro College Scholarships.
- $25,000 No Essay Scholarship.
- Thank You Counselors Scholarship.
- $5,000 Christian Connector Scholarship.
- Annual Protestant Faith-Based College Scholarship.
- Annual Catholic College Scholarship.
These are some of the easiest scholarships to get.
What is the known difference between merit-based scholarships and need-based scholarships?
Merit-Based scholarships offer financial support based on a student’s academic achievements. While Need-Based scholarships provide funds for students based on their level of financial need.
How much do you have to earn to get need-based scholarships?
The requirements to qualify for need-based financial aid vary. Most colleges require your family to have an adjusted gross income of less than $50,000. Moreover, some colleges offer need-based financial aid offer families with incomes up to about $100,000.