Florida Academic Scholars is a scholarship program of Bright Future Scholarship that is known to be very generous and competitive. However, it is certain that the eligible applicants or recipients are open to acquiring funding for about five years from graduation from high school for a highest of 120 hours in the semester for completing a first baccalaureate degree.
However, the FAS is organized by a program called Florida Bright Future Scholarship Program. Moreso with the program offering the Florida Academic Scholars award also offers Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS) and as you read on you will get more information on the award program.
Florida Academic Scholars
One important piece of information that you need to have an idea of as a student is that the FAS (Florida Academic Scholars) is that it has the highest rank in academics in each county. Going further, it is also known that the FSA is eligible to get an award offer of an amount that is in line with 100% on tuition and other important fees that are applicable.
Furthermore, the FAS awards have been of great help to students in order for them to get a good education and other assistance in their academics. Meanwhile, it is known that there are other fees that are applied to the award and they include service and activity fees, financial aid fees, capital improvement fees, health fees, campus transportation fees, technology fees, and most importantly tuition differential fees.
Eligibility Requirements for Florida Adamic Scholars
It is already known that when a scholarship award is open to applicants, there are some eligibility requirements for the award and that applies to the FAS awards. Meanwhile, there are some eligibility requirements that have been determined by the Florida Department of Education, and they will be stated below for you to go through and have more enlightenment on.
- Ensure that you submit the Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA) before August 31 after your graduation from high school.
- You must be a Florida high school graduate with a standard high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to successfully complete the 16 college-preparatory courses that are needed for admission to a state university.
- Acquire the required weighted GPA in the 16 college-preparatory courses.
- Get the required composite ACT or combined SAT score before June 30 of the graduation of the student.
- Complete the required number of volunteer service or paid work hours.
- Be a Florida resident and U.S. citizen eligible noncitizen.
These are some of the eligibility requirements that are needed.
Summer Funding for Bright Future Scholars
The Bright Future Scholarship as has been said before in this article offers the Florida Academic Scholars (FMS) and Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS). Meanwhile, through the program students are allowed to get award funding during summer terms. However, eligible FAA students are able to get an award that will offer coverage of 100% of tuition and applicable fees for the summer term whereas FMS students get an award that covers 75% of tuition and fees.
Funding Requirements for Bright Future Scholars (FAS / FMS)
There are actually some requirements that are needed for the eligibility of students on the summer funding of FAS and FMS and they will be listed below.
- Must certainly be enrolled in the least of 6 credit hours across all summer sessions.
- Students that have less than 6 credit hours needed for graduation will get to receive FAS and FMS if they are able to submit a memo on letterhead from an academic advisor that states less than 6 hours are required for graduation.
- Graduate-level hours stand a chance to get approved by the academic advisor of the student. Also, students undergoing graduate-level courses are required to submit a memo from the academic advisor which will indicate that graduate-level courses meet undergraduate graduation requirements.
These are some of the funding requirements for Bright Future Scholars.
How to Apply for Bright Futures
It is actually very important for students to apply for scholarship coverage awards in the sense that they can get a better education and also build their academic life into a better one. However, there is actually only one way to apply for the scholarship and it is through the scholarship website portal.
Going further as a student you must apply for the scholarship through the process of submitting the Florida Financial Application (FFAA) before August 31 after high school graduation.
Also, See: 10 Career Choices for Economic Majors
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the frequent questions that are bee asked by people about Florida Academic Scholars for you to get a better understanding.
How do you get the Florida Academic Scholars award?
Florida Academic Scholars must hold a minimum 3.5 weighted GPA and also, and they must obtain a minimum score of 29 on the ACT or 1330 on the SAT.
What do Florida academic Scholars pay for?
Florida Academic Scholars (FAS) will receive an award to cover 100% of the tuition and applicable fees when attending a public postsecondary institution. Moreso, students that are attending a non-public institution will receive a comparable amount as noted in the Private Award Chart.
What GPA do you need to be a scholar?
Some scholarship committees only consider applicants whose GPA meets a certain threshold. Minimum requirements range from around 2.0 on the lower end to 3.75 or higher for competitive academic scholarships.